WHAT IS LIT?
There are a lot of organizations that only provide training (head knowledge), and there are also a lot of organizations that are only willing to train people unless they are a certain age, nationality or English ability. Academics In Asia provides both training and job opportunities — we stick with a person from the first moment they think about moving overseas, through their training, their first field experiences, all the way through their long-term placement and into a 10-month overseas internship. We don’t just commit to provide jobs for you; we commit to caring for you through every season of your life overseas. Joining a co-hort of LIT teachers and students is the first step in beginning successful long-term impact overseas!
If you are interested in going to China, consider joining 20 other college students coming May 15 to Jun 7th. Learn more here.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN AND DO
LIT is a 19-day intensive experiential learning environment paired with an optional 10-month internship. Though not required, graduates of LIT are encouraged to couple their experience with a coached internship in a field setting customized to their skills, passion and employment opportunities. Start date for internship can be in September or March. Our coaches are all experienced with overseas life, and can relate to the struggles and joys you will experience.
Should you decide to take a leap and come to our training, the cost is $2000 per person. Scholarships available for applicants from developing countries.
Timeline for LIT and Teach or Study Mandarin:
* Apply Year-Round to teach In Asia. See Benefits/Requirements and LIT RECRUITING BROCHURE
* Apply Year-Round for LIT with this email inquiry
* Interviews year-round for Fall Teaching Jobs
* Job Offers March to June (see benefits)
* Visas Processed June
* LIT Boot Camp in Kansas City
* Arrive at school in China or Indonesia mind-August
* Attend New Teacher Orientation
* Start mentoring groups in homes
* Classes begin early September
* Apply Year-Round to Study Mandarin. Learn about our Study Mandarin Scholarship
* Travel to see neglected people groups during Oct 1-8 holiday or 3-day weekends.
* Jan, Feb, Jul or Aug holiday attend a regional gathering with your new family from all nations!
LIT is holistic, practical, and personal. We aim to train the head, heart, and hands in these abilities:
* How to LITE a Culture Changing Movement
* How to Create Deep Relationship of Another Culture
* How to Cope with Culture Stress
* Inner Healing for Yourself and How to Guide Others to Healing
* Understanding Asia Face Culture and How to Live out Culture of Honor
* How to Tell Stories that Connect and Draw People to Deep Discussions
* How to Practice Servant Leadership
* How to Recruit a Support Team that will Help You be Their Hands and Feet in Asia
* How to Work Through Team Issues and Keep a Culture of Love, Hope, Joy LIT
Dates for 2022:
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022
Kansas City LIT Training: June 5 to June 25, 2022
Location – Kansas City, MO
Tuition is $2000.
- $500 Scholarship available for those already teaching with an Academics In Asia school
- Coaching for options on how to raise support
How To Apply – Contact:
Email your name, phone number and address to email@example.com
Or, call 707-877-6708 and leave your name and number to receive a callback.
AM I TOO YOUNG OR TOO OLD?
There are no age requirements to attend LIT. As long as you are mature and able to handle the rigors of travel, that’s good enough for us!
DO I HAVE TO HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE TO ATTEND LIT?
No. There are no previous educational requirements to attend LIT. But, often LIT is used by other companies that have their requirements. There is an application that includes letters of recommendation.
WHAT ABOUT MY CHILDREN?
Children who are not in school are allowed to come to LIT with Mom and Dad. After all, they are going to be traveling with you and need to prepare, too! Mom and Dad should work out between themselves their child-care on their own for the classroom times. As much as possible, husbands and wives are encouraged to attend the program together. If your children are old enough to participate in the program (we’ve had children as young as 11 do the entire program with their Mom and Dad), we can negotiate a price for you all based on the number of children you have.
CAN I MAKE PAYMENTS?
Yes, please contact us for a payment plan. LIT doesn’t want finances to hinder your coming.
IF PEOPLE SPONSOR ME IS IT TAX-DEDUCTIBLE?
Yes and No. You can get tax-deductible sponsorship for your travel and food costs but not towards tuition. Tax law keeps 501(c)(3) from being able to provide deductions for donations that go specifically towards tuition.
HOW MUCH CASH SHOULD I BRING?
LIT Tuition covers housing, but not food and transportation. Travel to and from the airport will be arranged. Local transportation is up to you.
CAN I TAKE THE TRAINING AFTER TEACHING FOR A YEAR?
Yes, many teachers enroll in LIT after they have been in Asia for a year. But, keep in mind that taking the training before coming to teach looks favorably on your application to teach – especially with Sias University.
Download Kansas City LIT Intro Brochure (all accurate, but tuition increased by $500)
Download New Academics In Asia LIT Brochure
Our Social Media Team Wants To Hear From YOU!
Comment, ask Questions and Direct Message Us!