This course will develop the students’ understanding and utilization of western writing conventions in order to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas in an international setting. In order to meet this objective, this course will discuss cultural compositional differences, the writing process, and types of essays. Students will submit two essays to demonstrate mastery of this course. Download sample syllabus.
Requirements to teach at Sias International University:
- Minimum of Baccalaureate degree (Higher degrees preferred with additional compensation in salary)
- 2 years of teaching experience or completion of 120+ hour TEFL certificate. Contact Us for more information.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare (with completion of one-year contract)
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Private Apartment (see pictures)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Free Weekend Trips (see examples)
- Paid Winter Holiday
- Free Chinese Lessons
- NEW: Faculty Cafeteria with International Food is now not a required benefit (see pictures)
- Salaries start from 6000-8000 RMB ($900-1200 USD) a month depending on degree attained. Every year teachers get a raise and signing a 3-year contract after the first semester gives teachers a 16.7% raise. See our Salary Chart. Learn more at How Much Money I Could Save Page.