Applying with Academics in Asia is a multi-step task that starts here.
- To help you discern whether you would like to join our staff, please spend a few hours looking through our website. Especially the FAQ, Academic Course Descriptions, Oral English Course Description, and Teacher Testimonials.
- Email Aaron with which course you feel most comfortable teaching and why. Also, call Aaron to ask him any questions you may have. Once you are confident this is a potentially good fit, begin the application process.
- Create your current résumé with an emphasis on your teaching and cross-cultural experience.
- Request reference letters. For the reference letter, please ask a previous employer, colleague or mentor who knows you to write-up a one-page reference letter and sent as a Word document attachment to aaron @ academicsinasia.com or to you as a PDF document.
- Before filling out the application (next step), download this disclaimer and sign it (digital signature is okay).
- Fill out the below online application and attach your cover letter, résumé and reference letters . This puts you into our pool of applicants that will receive interview requests.
- 1-2 interviews. Interviews will most likely occur in the late afternoon or early evening for those in America.
- The beginning of March will be the earliest you will receive an offer letter. In the offer letter you will also receive a contract to sign. Upon signing you will receive an email requesting your passport, copy of health exam, and copy of diploma and/or transcripts.
- Training opportunities will be explained. Optional LIT training in July and required on-site (in China) training will begin in early to mid August.
Contact Aaron with any questions or to follow-up with your application status
US: 209-877-SIAS (7427)